POSITION TITLE: Physiotherapist
LOCATION: Burnaby, BC
REPORTS TO: Medical Director
About the Opportunity
PolyCan Health Centre focused on sports performance, rehabilitation educating and empowering individuals to manage their conditions. We look to foster a partnership between the patient and the care provider to establish desired goals and a plan towards achieving those goals.
- Has a Physiotherapy Degree at a University or College/ Masters of Physiotherapy
- Registration in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of British Columbia
- Minimum of 3-year-experience working with patients with a variety of needs and diagnoses preferred
- Passionate about empowering patients and promoting wellness
- A Manual therapist providing individualized rehabilitation programs by assessment, communication, treatment, education, exercises, and evaluating improvement
- Treatments that include strengthening, improving range of motion, and increasing body function
- Able to work with a multidisciplinary team and a diverse population of clients
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Alternative physical treatment techniques would be an asset
- Experience using electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.
Specialized Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally & in writing, with all levels of staff and patients.
- Ability to keep customer service and the mission of the organization in mind when interacting with clients, co-workers, and others, promoting a positive image for PCHC and fostering an ethical work environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with medical information and conform to CPSBC regulations.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team in a fast-paced, medical office environment with frequent interruptions, occasional public contact, and occasional crisis situations.
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills and effective time management skills.
- Must be able to follow all PCHC protocols, including those related to clinic administration, patient care, and completion of timely chart notes.
- Ability to understand and respond effectively and with sensitivity to special populations served by PCHC. Special populations include, but are not limited to, those defined by race, ethnicity, language, age, sex, sexual orientation, economic standing, disability status, migrant, homelessness, seasonal workers, and the uninsured.
- Asks for direction when unsure of job expectations.
- Makes suggestions and addresses concerns in a constructive manner.
- Utilizes appropriate channels of communication in problem, solving, and conflict resolution.
- Communicates effectively and courteously to all PCHC staff.
If you are experiencing difficulties uploading your application, please forward your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com.